The Pink Frock: Legal Speak... {a client review}

2.01.2013









I met Amber in 2009 and was immediately struck by her sense of style. I had just had my 3rd child and was struggling to simply shower and get sweats on for the day. But seeing her made me want to present myself better. Over the years her personal effect on me has included not only motivation for style, but also providing a good example of a stylish, loving and proud mom, as well as being a poised, ladylike and fun friend.


Her professional effect on me has also been great. When I found out she provided styling services, I was intrigued. I was starting law school and needed help picking out appropriate professional attire that allowed me to express myself.  I wanted to avoid shapeless, boring suits. Amber went with me and breezed through the Theory store picking out, among other things, a tailored navy suit set with pants and skirt, and appropriate shirts. I was worried about the suit but she taught me it was all about FIT.  I tried on the pieces she selected and immediately looked like a killer attorney. More importantly I still looked feminine. I knew she had served me well when later that year, I paired my suit with some great snakeskin patterned heels and wore it to an appellate court oral argument competition. I won first place, and the 3-judge panel made it a point to tell me that I was one of the few who were appropriately dressed for the occasion.


When I was younger I used to think that people who “cared” so much about clothes and appearance were shallow. But as I’ve matured I realize the immaturity of that mindset.  Taking steps to look fabulous leads to FEELING fabulous. This makes you more interactive and productive. On the other side, as we have all experienced, if you don’t feel like you look good, you hide, avoid and can’t really let your personality shine. I am a strong advocate of making the extra effort to look good because I have been on both ends of the spectrum, and have found that, as Amber says, “look good to feel good” is a truism.  

Amber is in the business of making people feel good. The side benefit is that you will look FABULOUS!

~Rene P.