Crush....

1.24.2011

I love Valentine's Day.  I want to make cookies with my kids.  I love to have handmade cards.  I want it all; doiles, glitter, hot pink, red, and white.  I adore having a Valentine Dinner Party with a delicious roasted beet soup with its deep magenta color and a swirl of creme fraiche.

 I especially love dressing up for the Valentine events that are on the calendar.  I always need a glossy silk top for a ladies lunch or a cute pink run-around ballet flat for the cookie party.  I enjoy dressing in a festive type way for the holiday.  For me this doesn't mean a "Be Mine" t-shirt from Old Navy, that is for my toddler.

I want my look to be ladylike and with polish.  I have found that nothing dampens the mood of a dinner party as when all the lady guests are in something fab and pink and there is one guest in a beige-something.  The outlier will feel the difference.  She knows that what she is wearing is plain and not special.  It is  worse yet when this boring ensemble goes out to dinner with her husband for Valentine's Day.  How else can you show your beloved that you don't care more quickly than wearing your blah-est old sweater to dinner?

Ladies- Don't Do It!  Make the season special and you will feel so much better.  I have selected some of the most gorgeous hot pink dresses to inspire you.  These are all on the pricey side but you will get the idea.  Email me if you want help selecting something similarly chic but less-spendy.



Ashish- Sequin Silk Dress at Net-a-Porter.  This dress is very sparkly so it pairs well with nude patent pumps and clutch. 




Vanessa Bruno Athe is the best priced frock in the groups.  I love how hot pink looks with turquoise and gold accessories.



Lela Rose Metallic Crepe Sheath is another gorgeous hot pink dress with some sparkle to it.  The nude Christian Louboutin sandals are the right touch here.


My last pick for crush-worthy hot pink dresses is this pleated silk-chiffon by Alberta Di Ferretti.  This dress can't help but wow.  This would be my pick to wear as a guest to a February wedding.

Remember, there is no need to wear something that is beige, unflattering, or genuinely not great.

Amber