What I would wear today: December 6th

12.06.2010

If I was headed to the office today this is what I would wear....







Net-a-Porter has this Vivienne Westwood Anglomania dress and all trimmings if you want a chic work look that has a bit of holiday flavor.   I love this dress; the fit, the fabric, every bit of this dress is amazing.  I even like it in RED.  I usually have a rule about red clothing but this dress will have to be a caveat.


Amber's Rules for Amber

No Red Clothes
No Red Sweaters
No Red at Holiday Time
No Red Sweaters to Christmas Parties

Enough about my rules for my own stylish dressing (the complete list is long but refined and it helps rather than hinders the styling process.)

Back to what I would wear today.  This is going to be an every Monday posting.  So please check back weekly for an update of my dream closet and stylish picks.  They will not always be for my Fantasy Office, but will include dressy occasions, vacation, and other great opportunities to look good.

If you want a lower priced option for this dress check out ASOS.  They always have great dresses. 

  This Ponte Knit dress by ASOS is less than $70.  It comes in five colors including red so that you could easily re-create the look from Net-a-Porter.    The dress below is another option from ASOS as well.  It  is priced similarly to the other dress and comes in several colors.  It would be great after work with just a change of shoes and addition of a sparkling earring.


 ASOS also has thousands of terrific and affordable accessories to compliment every article of clothing that they sell.  Think clutch purse, great tights, and leather belt to round out the outfit.  If you missed the Alaia belt featured with the Net-a-Porter dress above (it is completely sold out), then order this belt from ASOS and have it shipped (free right now) with your dress.


So there it is!  One day not long from now I will return to full-time employment . I will be wearing fab dresses  and sexy but tasteful clothing as I pour over security documents or write papers about political instability. Until then I will style myself, my friends, and my Pink Frock clients with all the love and attention that I can give.

Best of luck with what you are wearing to work. Remember to email me amber@thepinkfrock.com if you want help selecting tasteful ensembles, dressing the body that you have, or selecting vacation wardrobes.