My Top 5... Rain Boots

12.08.2010

 I am obsessing over rain boots.  I thought that I was going to get a pair last winter during the El Nino weather pattern.  As it turns out I just drove through the pick-up line at school to grab my boys instead of venturing out in the elements without a proper boot. 




1)  The Hunter Regent Savoy at Zappos is my first pick.  I love the equestrian styling and the "quilting".  How chic is that.  It is also a lot less expensive and more wet-weather appropriate than a similar looking leather boot.







2)   I have loved this WedgeWelly for a year.  This Candy Girl pink couldn't be any cuter.  I love how girly it is and the wedge means a long lean look for your legs as you walk through puddles.



3)  In the spirit of The Pink Frock and all the great pink things that there are to buy is this Tory Burch Logo Boot- Limited Edition.  This is stylish and practical at the same time.  It fits great!  It also benefits a good cause with a portion of proceeds being donated to breast cancer research.





4)  This sensational looking boot is completely weather proof!  The signature Burberry check fabric is made of synthetic material so you can spend as much time in the elements as you need.  Zappos Couture has this boot with free shipping.  Please note that all reviews suggest that this boot runs a bit small so size up.


The last fabulous rain boot on my top 5 list is ....


5) Kors Michael Kors Stormy Rain Boot  looks like the motorcycle boots we ordinarily wear but is made with a rubber upper.  This way you can walk through city streets or on wet grass (e.g. kid's sports event).  Ladies, this is the boot you should get to avoid punching holes in the lawn with the heels of a leather boot.  It is also suitable for so many outdoor occasions without being a Sorel after-ski boot.

One of these days an appropriate and stylish rain boot will show up at my home via special delivery.  I will then be able to walk my children into their school or other occasion in my wet-weather boots.  No more drop-n-drive in order to keep my better shoes (like Louboutin suede wedge) dry in the car.

The moral of the story is; the more clothing and shoe options I have, the better mother and stylish lady I will become.