SATURDAY SALE FAVORITES

2.20.2010


MY SALE PICKS for SATURDAY

 


The Sener dress at Tory Burch is now $225 from $365



I love the dress shown above.  I have written about it before as one of my favorite outfits.  I can not get it out of my head. It is so fun and bright.  I think that the sale came just in the nick-of-time (my birthday).  I have to think seriously to see if The Sener Dress will soon be living with me.

The next best sale item this Saturday is the Keena Dress at  Diane Von Furstenberg.
 The Keena Dress is now $325 from $465


I love the crinkly fabric.  I would love to add this fab find into my closet.  I think that it is a winter-to-late spring dress.  Check it out with the black tights then imagine a nude-colored sandal on a bare leg... tres chic! 

I just need to take a minute to address the idea of "SALE". I saw so many markdowns this morning.  I never get sick of the sale search engines and aggregators. There is a time and a place for all of this shopping technology and access to clothing. However, there is a lot of nonsense on sale and I would recommend that if you are a girl who likes to look great but doesn't have unlimited means, take it slowly.  Sale doesn't mean you need it.  Sale means the items you may want are possibly a better price.  

Some tips for navigating your way through all of the sale and promotional websites when you are shopping is to have a plan. Always have a working list of the clothing that your closet is lacking.  Keep in mind events you have in the future. I also have a list of the newest looks that I have a real desire to add
My list would look something like this:

1) Dresses... work, church, date-night
2) Black Sandals
3) White skinny jeans like the Paige Skyline
4) a few cute tops for Spring Break
5) 2010 swimsuit and cover ups


Notice there is not anywhere listed: trinket-like jewlery, misc. flip-flops, workout clothes.  These would be items that are easy to add either because they are at an accessible price-point ($7 flip-flops at Old Navy x every time I walk in their door), or because I like it and know that it works for me (Lululemon workout apparel is never wrong).  

So, you see that these two dresses that are on sale fit perfectly into my operational shopping list.  This allows me to stay on track.  I don't want to waste hours of shopping or online browsing just to see stuff I don't need.  I also want to keep my money working for me on a well-chosen wardrobe filled with pieces that I love.


I am going to stick to the list and continue to make 2010 a great year for style and budget.


Best,

Amber at The Pink Frock