Pearl Swimwear and my dreams of Resort

12.20.2009

I know that we aren't even through Holiday yet, but my thoughts are hardly on sweaters and boots now.  I haven't even fully rolled-out my winter gear, this being San Diego and all, but mentally I am moving on.  My thoughts are on the brighter colors of Resort.  I love to see prints emerging from all the black and velvet trappings of Holiday dressing.  Resort is a little preview to what designers will be showing us later in the Spring.  Although I am not going away to the Bahamas or anywhere that requires a Resort wardrobe a girl has to dream. 

-This is Heather -

I wish that I was packing up a suit case full of chic swim suits and little dresses and sandals.  One thing I would be sure to pack is the little jersey dress I just got in the mail from my friend Heather Fish at Pearl Swimwear. It is a shorter version of the Pearl Dress shown above.  It is the most ladylike taupe (It comes in black too!)  and it is going to be so great layered over a long sleeve T and tights in the winter.  I think boots will make the outfit even better.  Then I am going to wear it as a sexy cover-up in the summer with one of my 7 fabulous swim suits from Pearl.


I love all of my swimming suits and have never felt so great in a suit in my life.  I haven't owned a one-piece swim suit since my parents made me wear one to church youth swim activities... or maybe the swim team.  That being said this is no Speedo suit.  These are flattering, feminine, luxurious suits.  Heather says that the Lycra and materials she uses are extra durable and withstand surf, sand, and chlorine.  I wouldn't know because I baby all of my suits like rare and delicate hot-house flowers.  I don't want them to ever ever wear out.  I find myself sitting on one cheek (so to speak) in the hot tub so I don't snag up the bottom.  The suit to the left is called the "Generous" and is one of my favorites.  When I don't have my suits I have them locked up with the family diamonds to keep them safe.


Check out Heather's collection on her website and get on her email list so that you can be the first to see the 2010 collection when it debuts.  Her website also shows the celebrities that have purchased her specialty suits. If you have ever shown up at the beach or the community swimming pool in a swimming suit that you spent a lot of time finding and good money buying, only to discover that the same suit is there on ever other lady, then you should check out Pearl.  This is almost like a swim suit atelier, where the small production runs and limited distribution allow for a very personal experience. In addition to gorgeous styles and quality materials, the fit is incredible. Contact Heather directly because she is a fit expert. She will tell you which suit is going to flatter you best assets and what color and size is your best option.




 So while I am visiting the in-laws and wearing jeans, heavy coat and scarf  I will keep in the back of my mind the lovely clothes that are just about to peek out of winter.  I will be thinking sand, new swim suits, and all the great things that are in store for me in 2010.  Here is to looking fabulous by the pool in the New Year!